6.05.2007

Update

Things are moving along here. Mike leaves on Thursday. Yep, THURSDAY. As in 2 days from now. The wood floors are done, the kitchen counters are tiled (and waiting for Chance to grout the backsplash), 2 bathrooms have been gutted and redone, ugly ceiling fan in kitchen eating area replaced by pretty chandelier, new kitchen sink, upstairs hall and boys room/game room painted, barn roof and siding replaced, pool liner replaced, and myriad other small projects tackled. It has been BUSY here.

I am so proud of my husbands ability to jump in and tackle what needs to be done, whether or not he has ever done it before. His artistry, skill and attention to detail always yeild great results.

And now, without further ado, some pictures of the latest projects.

This is my new sink. I LOVE the sink. Can you see how deep it is? I can put my roaster right in it, or my whole cutting board. There is a removable basket (you can see it in the 2nd picture) that separates the sink into 2 sides like a traditional sink.

The formica is gone! New tile counters and backsplash. You can't really tell in the photo, but the biege colored diamonds in the backsplash are 4 little stone diamonds formed into a larger diamond, and then bordered by stone.




The picture doesn't do it justice, these walls were really ugly. The entire house, with the exception of bedrooms and bathrooms was done in this brown and biege sponging technique. It made the house REALLY dark, but more than that, they did a terrible job. Painted around things on the walls, lots of drips and smears. We hired a painter to do the downstairs before we moved in, but we have been living with the upstairs. Of course, the new people won't have to :)

Again, you can't tell very well, but the new color is sort of a creamy yellow. I really like it and it makes the house so much lighter!

That's it for now! As you can see, we've gotten a lot done. Lot's more to do, but making really good progress :)

3 comments:

Nicole Hearn said...

Looks VERY nice!
I like it!
Way to go, Mr. E!!!! (and helpers)

Anonymous said...

Everything looks really great. Mike and everyone did a great job! I'm sad that we never made it out there. However, I am looking forward to seeing you all in the near future. Now you get to do it all again with your new one :)

~Holly

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great job!!!!

I love how open your kitchen is and that the sink faces where people are instead of a wall. LOL (I'm having sink envy!!!)