8.24.2007

It's Frugal Friday


The last time I painted my bathroom I spent a good 20 min. looking for the roller that I had been using the time before. Finally, I remembered that it was in the refrigerator.

Now, this tells me a few things. First, if I have room on the shelf for a large paint roller to go unnoticed, I really need to go shopping. Second, I haven't been the one making many of the meals lately. But the third one is the reason for this post. Did you know that when you finish rolling, if you are not done with that color you can wrap the roller in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge? Now, maybe I am the last one to learn this little trick, but I thought it was pretty cool! I don't know how long it will keep the roller fresh and paintable, but I know it lasts at least 2 weeks.

This is really great because I hate washing out rollers. In fact, I hate it so much that I don't do it anymore. I throw them away when I am done using them. So, the fact that I can save them until I am done with the color makes me feel a little less wasteful.

There ya go, that's my frugal tip. My first submission for Frugal Friday!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

What a great sense of humor!

Welcome to Frugal Friday, btw : )