1.31.2009

School Projects

This is the solar system. No really, it is. Or rather a representation of it.And so is this.
The boys and I made the one on the top, and the girls made the one on the bottom.

The balloon model is the first project in the super cool astronomy curriculum we began this semester. The other one is a kit the girls have had for some time, but I never let them do it cuz you know...it's messy.

I'm not a project mom. There, I said it. My name is Michele and I hate crafts. Maybe there is a 12-step program for people like me.

I want to be cool and creative. I want to let my kids do all the neat experiments and build, and paint and create all the stuff they envision. But when it comes right down to it, the mess and the time and the million other things to do usually push projects right on out the window.


So, I have resolved to do all of the astronomy projects as they come up. To that end I purchased the Box of Stuff that is supposed to contain everything I need to complete said projects. Thus ending the excuses of the I haven't gone to the store, didn't know I needed it, can't find it, will look for it later, variety. This is project one, and all of the children were THRILLED that they got to do it. Astronomy is the new favorite thing around here :)

Wish me luck! I think I can, I think I can...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go mom! You can do it. The projects look great and the kids are having a blast. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I HATE projects as well I don't even like to do them after all the stuff is out and we have everything. Not so good with the curiculam I chose this year that has at least three a week per child (AHHHH)I'm more like a twice a month for all kinda girl.
I love the solor systems you made I hope you keep it up!
Christy