3.13.2007

I'm Back!

Wow, I've been gone a long time. It just got away from me I guess, and for a while I just didn't feel like I had anything to say.

For those who don't know me IRL, I'll give you a little recap to bring y'all up to date.

Let's see December and January were mostly taken up with morning (all day) sickness because WE ARE EXPECTING AGAIN! I also had quite a bit of trouble early on and spent a lot of time on bedrest consuming copious amounts of herbs. I am now 16 - 17 weeks and things are going well. It appears to be about time to find a midwife.

In early February we traveled to Ca for the wedding of Mike's neice. I flew out due to aforementioned "trouble" and Mike was taking the van and the kids and the dog meeting me at my parents home in AZ. He got as far as El Paso, where he stopped for the night. While my family slept in their hotel room, someone decided that they had greater need of our possessions than we did. Likely to run "undocumented workers" over the border. We lost MANY things. One of them was our digital camera, which has yet to be replaced. So, there is likely to be far fewer pictures posted on the blog for a while. My sweet puppy, Ellie Mae, was also in the van because the hotel did not allow pets.

And now it looks highly likely that we will have to leave Texas and return to CA. They are offering a pretty good promotion, and the job situation here has become highly unreliable.

The prospect of moving breaks our heart on so many levels I don't even know what to say about it. We are trusting God to direct our paths.

There, you're all caught up. Left out the flu and some other less than fun things, but those are the biggies.

So, what's going on in your neck of the woods?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Congratulations on your precious coming little one!

How sad about the theft.

Praying as you may have to move.

Nicole Hearn said...

Watching you all go through the move last time was so inspiring to me that I'm sure God will give grace to do it a second time. Praying for/with you.

Congratulations on the baby. It's certainly so much fun to have our new little one here!

My church in TX prayed for your van and we definitely feel for you! A lot of the guys were really disturbed about the whole situation, so you have a lot of people praying. I don't know if you ever heard this or not, but my grandpa had built a lamborghini that was stolen the night before it was supposed to be at a car show; they recovered it about five years later in the back of an old barn. What are the odds? We're praying that God will use it all to His glory....whatever outcome that may bring.

In answer to your question, I'm currently home (as you know), serving on a Jury (well, after three days of going, we're still in the jury selection process). I really, really want to get on this particular jury; it's an exciting criminal case (I can't say too much but I will say that it is a triple felony including special circumstance) and will span pretty much my entire time here. Also, of course there have been the joys of becoming a big sister....again. The fun part is now trying to agree on a name....not exactly easy, but I'm sure it will be rewarding when we have finally selected one.

I head back to ALERT on April 10. It's going to be an exciting time for me, as I'm taking over the position of Director of Hospitality. God has been so good to me already this semester, and I'm looking forward to the (challenging/exciting) months ahead.

Sorry I haven't kept in touch as much as I should. Life working with a ministry makes it hard even to keep up with my family.

God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Michele, Congratulations to you and your family!! I am so happy for you. I will be praying for a very healthy pregnancy and a safe and happy delivery. Thank you for sending me your new blog info, I was wondering what happened to you. I look forward to reading all the posts and catching up.